Monday, September 19, 2011

In the beginning...

I started a blog eight years ago with my friend and just never kept it up.  I restarted one four years ago on my MySpace account and really missed it.  After I stopped updating it I found that there were more people than I thought reading it.  Keeping that in mind I have decided, in one of the most profound decisions of my life, I should track my journey both emotionally and physically with a blog site, not named for a self depreciating slur but as a nod to my deceased brother Jeffrey who lovingly referred to me as "Fat Girl".

 So, most of you already know me if you are reading this or at least some version of me.  I will try my best not to be confusing or vague and would appreciate feedback, be it positive or negative.

I am a 31 year old bi-racial single female from the glorious state of Florida.  In 2008, I graduated with an associate degree of nursing from a state college and began working as a registered nurse.  I work at an HCA hospital in Jacksonville on a Med-Surg/Oncology floor where I have been doing my time until my director feels like allowing me the privilege of getting chemo certified.  My ultimate goal is to become an Oncology nurse but even by my own admission I still have many miles to go.  I am painfully introverted and find it much easier to bare my soul to the internet and social networking  sites where my words are immortalized forever than have a deep and meaningful conversation with the people of my life.  Hopefully as I proceed with my blogging it will become apparent to me why that is or at least more apparent to some of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment