Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Cost of Living...

I just needed a break today.  I am SO SICK OF HEALTHCARE and the more obese I have become the more obsessed I am forced to become with it.  It's bad enough I'm a nurse and for at least 3 days a week I listen to my unfortunate senior population at the hospital and all the sacrifices they have to make to make ends meet.  Add to it the fact that I come home to a sick mother transitioning into dialysis.  Recently, in pursuit of my surgery I have had to reacquaint myself with healthcare.  I went from in August having an OTC allergy medication to being on Lisinopril, Dulera, Wellbutrin, Janumet, and Singulair.  Really?  I went t having no doctor to seeing three and having an appointment with one or the other at least once a week until the end of the year.  People go to their doctor to make themselves feel better but instead I feel more sick.  My vertical sleeve is scheduled for end of February, first of March.  I am itching for it to be next week just so I can stop being a walking target for the system.  I hate bashing on my profession but I am sick to death of being made to feel I need a pill for every moment of my life, that I am to sick to breathe much less live without a referral or physician supervision!  In June of next year I am going on a cruise and I am going to ride the hell out of some roller coasters.  Sounds really lame but this is what I keep my focus on right now so I don't just shut down.

I know it is going to get better I am just low on financial and spiritual resources right now.  So, on that note I bid thee goodnight and pass on this quote. "So many people spend their health gaining wealth and then must spend their wealth regaining health." ---A.J. Reb Materi

No comments:

Post a Comment